Thai Kickboxing or Muay Thai is Thailand’s national sport. It is popularly known as the “Art of Eight Limbs” because of the eight points of skin and body contact involved in the game. The points of contact include the kick, punch, elbow strike and knee strike. This sport using the “Science of Eight Limbs” has a huge following that includes not just the locals but also foreign expatriates. And it’s not just well-liked in Bangkok and other bigger cities: Muay Thai in Pattaya is also a favorite pastime of many.
It’s surprising but considering the number of good Muay Thai schools and gyms in Pattaya, and Pattaya’s proximity to Bangkok, many tourists actually travel to Pattaya for Muay Thai alone. Are you one of those who are considering Pattaya as your next vacation spot because you want to learn this martial art? Or perhaps you just want to watch Muay Thai in Thailand where the sport originated? Whether you want to engage in the sport yourself or you just want to remain the spectator, here’s a list you’ll find useful when looking for Muay Thai venues. Please note that Muay Thai in Pattaya is one of the top choices of fitness enthusiasts as a weight-loss activity, thus the list includes gyms where you can also learn the sport.
- California WOW Pattaya Club. It’s the world’s largest fitness chain. Located at the Avenue Pattaya, Pattaya 2nd Road. Telephone Number: 0 3839 9999.
- Castra Praetoria Pattaya. Located on the East side of Pattaya, at 61/17 M. 10 Soi Khao Talo, Nong Prue, Banglamung. Contact Number: 0 3811 5106.
- Fairtex Sports Club. A luxury fitness club recognized as the finest sports and fitness complex. With every sport imaginable for the young and old, it’s the perfect fitness club for the whole family. Their telephone number: 0 3825 3889.
- Golden Glory Pattaya. The Golden Glory specializes in Muay Thai kickboxing and other Thai martial arts. It is located in Thap Phraya Road Soi 15, 308/45 Moo 10, Nong Prue, Banglamung. Telephone Number: 668 565 00 639.
- Golden Gym Pattaya. Often dubbed as the hottest gym in town, the Golden Gym offers a free first session once you sign up. Located about 100 miles South of Pattaya, Pattaya Road, 3rd Road. Open Mondays through Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. and on Sundays from 10:00 A.M. till 9:00 P.M.
- Muay Thai Pattaya Training Camp. Specializes in Muay Thai. It is located in Pattaya, Darapan 3, Khao Talo, Soi 8, 92/123 Moo 11. Telephone Number 0 8954 33450.
- Pattaya Kombat Village. The Pattaya Kombat Village offers Muay Thai training from world-class Muay Thai champions in Thailand. They have self-defense and weight-loss programs both. You may contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sitjaipetch Muay Thai. Another Muay Thai learning center, the Sitjaipetch offers Muay Thai instructions from beginner to advanced level. Learn Muay Thai in Pattaya, in a learning center where instructors are also professional fighters. Located at Soi Pattaya Park, Pattaya City. Telephone Number: 08 76 852 784.