With over 200 golf courses in Malaysia, it isn’t surprising that golf is one of the most popular sports in the country. If you’re in the country and you’re already an enthusiast of the sport, you’ll find that with the number of golf courses located in and around the city, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t play golf in Kuala Lumpur, even if you’re just vacationing. Below are some of the golf courses you can check out.
- Glenmaria Golf & Country ClubThe Glenmaria Golf and Country Club has two courses designed by May Wexler: the Garden Course and the Valley Course. The Garden Course is longer with 7017 yards, par 72. Night golfing is also possible in this course.
- Bukit Unggul Country ClubThe Bukit Unggul Country Club is located in Klang Valley. It’s mostly a hilly terrain with a striking hole by the waterfall. It’s a par 5, 476m from the blue tee onto the “waterfall hole”. Another popular hole is the Hole 11. The hole will take you through a jungle valley with tricky hills leading to it. This golf course is considered difficult and is most suited to experienced players, but even if you’re new to the sport, nobody’s going to stop you from taking the challenge.
The club also offers night golfing for those who prefer to play the sport in the night and those who only have the night to spare.
- Bukit Jalil Golf & Country ResortThe Bukit Jalil Golf Course occupies an area of 165 acres of green lands and lush surroundings, and has an 18-hole field and a 60-bay 2-tier driving range. It was designed by Max Wexler and is perfect for experienced as well as new players of the sport.
- Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club is is just about 10 minutes away from downtown Kuala Lumpur. Designed by Robin Nelson & Rodney Wright, it has numerous lakes and trees around that make for a challenging course even for experienced players. It has 18 holes and has 6,164/5,826m par 72.
- Kelab Golf Sentul RayaThe Kelab Golf Sentul Raya is one of the oldest golf clubs in Kuala Lumpur. It was established in 1928 and was redesigned by Chris Pitman and Douglas Lee in 1997. It is located just north of Kuala Lumpur and has a very challenging layout with numerous water hazards and bunkers to trick and distract you.
- Kota Permai Golf & Country ClubThe Kota Permai Golf & Country Club, designed by Watson, has an excellent golf course that are both stimulating and challenging. It is located in Kota Kemuning, just approximately ten minutes away from Subang Jaya. The course here is tricky and the fairways can get really difficult.
- The Royal Selangor Golf ClubThe Royal Selangor Golf Club is located near the Merdeka Square and the Sultan Abdul Samad Building. It is one of several golf courses that make playing golf in Kuala Lumpur convenient, being situated right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. It offers two 18-hole field and one 9-hole course, with 6,224/5,964/1,597m par 72.