Famed for its delicious “little eats”, Tainan attracts a lot of tourists for its snack foods. And because the “City of Snacks” boasts of its wares especially during its night markets, shopping in Tainan is also one of the very popular things tourists like to do in the city. From huge modern complexes to numerous little stalls in night markets, Tainan is ready to give you the shopping experience you’re likely to remember for many years to come.
You can either start your shopping in the many shopping malls in Tainan, or visit some of the most famous night markets in town. Either way, we’re here to make sure you get out of both satisfied with your purchases. Some of the shopping centers in Tainan are the following:
– Far Eastern Department Store Ltd. Tainan Cheng Kung Store
– Green Mall-Tainan
– Nitori Houseware
– RT-Mart (Two branches: An-Ping branch and North branch)
– Shin Kong Mitsukoshi
As with all shopping malls, the shopping centers in Tainan have boutiques, cinemas, entertainment centers, electronics centers, food courts, restaurants and many others. They offer high-quality albeit a little bit expensive products. They have the same famous brands and designers stuff, the same merchandise that are probably available in your department stores back at home as well. If you want to see something different, check out local brands that use local materials and designs. They’ll not only come out unique when you return back home, they’re also a lot cheaper than what you’re used to buying back home.
The most popular upscale mall in Tainan is the Shin Kong Mitsukoshi. It is also currently the largest shopping center in Tainan.
There are numerous night markets in Tainan, although they aren’t open every night. Usually night markets start at six in the evening and close at midnight.
canadian pharmacy gaetzpharmacy.com no prescription
Some of the most popular night markets in Tainan include:
– Shao Bei Night Market. Open every Tuesdays and Fridays. Located at Shao Bei and Ximen Roads intersection. This night market is also known as “Tainan’s Snack Food Central”. You’ll find lots of delicacies and local foods in this market.
– Da Dong Night Market. Open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Located at Linsen Road, Sec. 2. This night market is one of the most famous in the city.
– Flower Garden Night Market. Open on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Located at Northern Hai-An Road. This market is popular with the young and the “hip”.
– Wusheng Night Market. Open on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Located at Wusheng Street. This night market is the longest operating night market in Tainan and sells traditional clothes and goods.
Night Markets in Tainan are always filled with festive air, and often delicious aroma of local foods. You may not find all the goods as top-quality, but it’s probably here in night markets where you’ll find rare things you’ll love to bring back home. And even though hardly anyone speaks English, night markets are actually the embodiment of what shopping in Tainan is like. Something definitely worth experiencing when you find yourself in this historic little city of Tainan.
Leave a Reply