Anyone visiting Thailand will be struck by the wide availability of massages around country, and that includes the city of Chiang Mai. Getting a massage in Chiang Mai is extremely affordable. Nothing beats submitting your weary body to an attentive therapist to massage your body aches away.
The art of massaging started during the ancient times as a means of healing and combating sicknesses and diseases. The traditional Thai massage that has gained popularity all over the world requires a comprehensive knowledge of the major parts of the body, which includes the bones, tendons, muscles and ligaments. Thai massages are useful in helping to relieve chronic pains in the muscles and bones and have known to produce soothing effects that help reduce stress.
Considering that Chiang Mai is a very active city with a dozen things for tourists to see, the best way to get acquainted with the town is to use some serious leg work. A strenuous day touring around the city will surely require a relaxing massage by the end of the day. The main roads of Chiang Mai have plenty of massage parlors that offer anything from swift to hour-long massages, face and foot massages, even month-long courses that teach the art of the Thai massage.
Here are some of the more popular massage and spa salons around Chiang Mai:
- Baan Sabai Spa – Spa treatments at the Baan Sabai Spa are all inspired by ancient Thai rituals and Thai ingredients. Most packages are designed with a holistic approach for the mind, body and soul.
- Sinatvia Spa – The Sinatvia Spa offers a full range of packages that include skin detoxifications and facial treatments, full body aroma massages, anti-oxidant body scrubs, herbal steam and even mineral or scented floral baths in Jacuzzis.
- Rada Spa – A popular choice among Chiang Mai local spa enthusiasts, the Rasa Spa offers an extensive menu of reasonably priced massages such as body wraps, aromatherapy, facials and reflexology. With no compromise on its quality of treatments, each service offers an exceptional experience for each of their customers.
- Blind Massage – Massages performed by the visually impaired are known to be more intense than your average therapist. This is because the blind have a more acute sense of touch, hearing and memory, which, in some cases, enhances the ability to heal.
- Chur Medical Spa – With the perfect combination of science and nature, the Chur Medical Spa offers an extensive list of treatments based on the idea of natural healing. Its founder, Dr. Ampawan, is a licensed pharmacist with a thorough knowledge about modern medicine. With his two years of experience with traditional medicine and knowledge of how herbs can be used to their full extent, Dr. Ampawan leads a team of skilled therapists that continue to provide incomparable massage therapies.
- Peak Spa & Beauty Salon – This high-end spa and beauty salon provides both massage and beauty treatments in Chiang Mai with their traditional Thai massages, oil massages, aromatherapy, facials, waxing and permanent make-up.
Along with numerous other places to have a massage in Chiang Mai, let the city’s skilled therapists take your body aches and muscle pains away with an incomparable massage experience.