Located in the Western coast of Batam island, the Waterfront City is an ideal place to head on to if you’re looking for adventure and water sports while you’re in Batam. It’s a city developed for tourism that provides water amusements and attractions like a fishing pond and a football field, on top of the inviting sea water for those who like swimming, and the sandy beach for those who want to have a bit of lounging under the sun or sand-castle-building activities with the kids.
Some of the most popular attractions in the Waterfront City include the following:
1. The Beach & Sea Sports Center This is located right in the heart of the city. It has a secluded beach that’s ideal for those who like it quiet. There are also water activities available like jet skiing, banana boat rides, para sailing, kayaking and paddle boat rides. Along the beach, there are also restaurants where you could sample Batam Island’s famous seafood. Other local menus including Asian foods are also offered. On weekends, the center hosts small mini concerts in their outdoor amphitheater.
2. The Batam Cable Water Ski Park The park offers all kinds of skiing you could do in a lake that’s 800 meters long. Skiers are towed by a cable along the length of the lake, and that’s how it got its name. If you love skiing water skis, kneeboards and wakeboards, this is the place for you. You’ll love the ski jumps and ramps all set-up to make your skiing challenging and enjoyable.
3. The Taman Pancing Fishing Pond This is the place for those who love fishing. The fresh water lake is said to be rich in many varieties of fish. You don’t have to bring your fishing equipment either. The place rents fishing equipment and sells fishing bait for your convenience.
4. The Waterfront City Marina For those who consider themselves sailors at heart, the Marina is the place to go. They have boats of different sizes and either day rentals or long-term rentals are possible.
5. The Step 1 Go Kart Circuit If riding in boats makes you sick, perhaps you would love to try riding go-karts. The place has racing tracks built especially for go-karts. You can go as slow as you like or as fast as you can. Helmets and other safety equipment are also available, and the fee is on an hourly basis. The activity is great for groups, and you don’t have to bring your food also as drinks and food are available in the premises.
6. The 10 Pin Bowling The 10 Pin Bowling can be found near the Harris Hotel. The place has 6 bowling lanes and bowling shoes can be rented out. You can also find refreshments and drinks inside the bowling center.
7. The Squash Court This Squash Court is situated beside the Harris Hotel, right inside the Harris Recreation Center. If you love playing racket games, then you’ll probably find the place ideal. Equipment can also be rented out so you don’t have to bring your own if you don’t want to. These are just some of the places you can explore when you visit the Waterfront City. So you don’t have to worry about running out of things to do when you’re tired of swimming, you can always engage in other games available within the vicinity.