Tagaytay City is filled with endless activities to those who are in much need of a vacation. For the quick day trip or the lavish long weekends, sports and recreation in Tagaytay are the ones sought most after. Here are some of the most-loved activities:
- Have a picnic – Although some of the facilities at the Picnic Grove may be in need of touch-ups, it still gives a spectacular unobtrusive view of the Taal Volcano and Taal Lake that is just unbeatable. A good alternative to the Picnic Grove however is the People’s Park in Sky which is the highest point in Tagaytay. Here gives a 360-degree view of the Taal Lake, Manila Bay, Laguna de Bay and the South China Sea on a clear day while you munch on your packed lunches with friends and family underneath gazebos and picnic tables.
- Go Horseback Riding – Horseback riding is a popular activity in Tagaytay and is often done at the Picnic Grove. It costs 250 pesos for the big ones and 200 pesos for the smaller horses per hour.
- De-stress yourself – Tagaytay is filled with an endless list of spas. Get revitalized at the Nurture Tropical Spa with services like Head Massages, Foot Spas and Facials. Speaking of massage, if you happen to be in Malaysia for some shopping spree and you decided to soothe your aching feet then try Kuala Lumpur massage to rejuvenate your muscles.
- Rappel down a waterfall – Take a small group of your friends to a day hike through the lush vegetation and rural villages as you finish in an exhilarating 100-feet rappel down a waterfall.
- Try your Casino luck – Stop by Casino Filipino Tagaytay and try your luck with card games and slot machines at this massive architectural entertainment hub for the entire family. Kids are not restricted as there is a section dedicated for the children’s play area.
- Go soul-searching – Tagaytay is blessed with a number of magnificent chapels and churches, which makes it a conducive place for prayer, meditation and reflection.
- Zip line like Superman – For the daredevils, soar 300 feet above the ground as you zip line from one mountain to the other along the Tagaytay Ridge. But for the more reserved ones, take the cable car instead and sit safely and comfortably into a bird cage like exterior. Although a bit slower-paced, the cable car ride offers the same awesome view of the Tagaytay landscape.
- Take a trek to the volcano – Hop into a short boat ride to the Taal Volcano Island and from there, take a donkey ride up to the top and back. Get an up-close look at the world’s smallest volcano and take a dip into its sulfur-rich crater that is said to be good for the skin.
- Follow the eco-trail – Do you prefer walking as a leisure activity? Take on the eco-trail through the vast forests and shrubbery in Tagaytay as you become one with nature. Notice the various plants and trees and breathe in the fresh, crisp Tagaytay air as you cross the edges of the Picnic Grove on a series of concrete platforms.
Sports and recreation in Tagaytay is always something to look forward to so choose one or do all and enjoy all that Tagaytay has to offer.