The Davao Memorial Park is a result of the expansion of the original Manila Memorial Park located at Luzon Metro Manila. Built in the year 2000, the Manila Memorial Park has become a pioneer in the memorial park industry of the Philippines with branches in Bulacan, Novaliches and Cavite. Located in Magtuod, Davao City, the Davao Park boasts of grand vistas and rolling terrain throughout the location. Cool breezes and a vast green surrounding soothe the senses of visitors through the park grounds.
A memorial park is a modern day cemetery that is a far cry from the traditional cemeteries that we have today. The most noticeable difference between them is that traditional cemeteries seem to have headstones competing wildly for real estate, even to the point that there is no proper walkway where visitors can walk. Public cemeteries are often congested and are unpleasant to visit. Memorial parks, on the other hand, use dignified sculptured marble markers that rest flat on landscaped plots to memorialize the tablet. There are several sculptures around the park to further enhance the park’s view and to serve as remembrance to those who have gone before us. Visitors can then enjoy the beautiful landscaped garden-style grounds of the park without any distractions. The aim of memorial parks is to provide visitors a venue of natural beauty, peace for quiet meditation for departed loved ones, and a sense of dignity and honor to commemorate the departed.
The Davao Memorial Park not only does a great job of maintaining such exquisite elegance, but a huge part of its serenity is due to the discipline and compliance of its visitors. The reason memorial parks in the past have failed to sustain their maintenance and operations is due to the lack of cooperation from visitors. With the superior services provided by the Park, management requests all its visitors to comply with their rules to maintain the beauty and tranquility of the park. Here are but a few of the most important to keep in mind:
- Leave only natural flowers around the marble tablets (no artificial flowers, pinwheels, balloons, plant hangers, baskets or other items)
- Do not place any stones or hard objects around the memorials
- Potted plants, diggings or planting are not allowed in the park
- Do not litter. Trash should be brought back to vehicles for proper disposal
- Park cars on roadways only
- Vases are allowed to be used during the rainy season
- Avoid engaging in recreational biking, roller skating or bringing animals to the memorial park
- No solicitations of any kind are allowed on or about the grounds of the park
- Follow the 40 km/hour speed limit throughout the park
Well-scraped garden cemeteries cover the park that provides not only a place for honoring the dead but also for healing and bringing hope to the living through the holiness of the beauty and remembrance combined. The Davao Memorial Park operates on the concept of aesthetics and decency alongside utility. Cemeteries would no longer be a dreadful place to visit but a pleasant way to spend the afternoon in such serene environment.