Eating and drinking in Bohol is one of the all-time-favorite activities of the locals. Indeed, Bohol has made its own mark in the country for providing the best taste in food. Here is a list of the top ten restaurants that provides sumptuous meals for any occasion:
1. Loboc River Cruise Restaurant – Something not to miss for any tourist of Bohol, the buffet meals of the Loboc River Cruise Restaurant provide the ultimate unique dining experience. Sample all favorite Filipino delicacies on a floating raft along the river and be serenaded by a local band onboard.
2. Mira Villa Restaurant – For another unique dining experience, the Mira Villa Restaurant lets its guests choose their own seafood from a nearby seafood market and have them cooked inside their restaurants. Guests will be able to control the freshness of the seafood as well as the quantity and quality required of their dishes.
3. The Pyramid – Visitors of Alona Beach will find The Pyramid conveniently placed along the waterfront, giving its guests a great view of the beach and its cool sea breeze. Diners will then be able to taste the best of both the local and western type of cuisine.
4. Trudi’s Place – If you prefer a terrific ambiance with affordable budget meals, head on to Trudi’s place. This humble restaurant is located along Alona beach and is well-visited by both locals and foreigners alike.
5. JASZ Restaurant – One of the many dine-by-the-sea restaurants in Bohol, JASZ serves a fresh seafood menu amidst a tropical and homey ambiance. Dine by the candlelight in a nipa and bamboo hut for that romantic night out.
6. Chicken Ati-Atihan – Made popular by Bohol’s Tagbilaran City, their barbecued meals and flaming spicy sisig are reasonably priced, and come with the best buko halo-halo in town for dessert.
7. Hayahay Pizza – Wanting Italian food along the beach? Hayahay Pizza serves great portions of yummy pizza right along the Alona Beach. Choose to dine Italian in tropical style with their yummy thin crust pizza.
8. Garden Café – The interesting part of this café is that the waiters are deaf, which requires you to write down your orders on an order sheet from the menu. This western-themed restaurant serves the best mouth-watering steaks with extravagant onion rings on the side.
9. Payag Jo’s Chicken Inato – Payag Jo’s Chicken barbecue is a favorite among the locals in Bohol. The Chicken Inato here makes use of different Filipino methods of cooking along with seasonings to produce an exotic and delectable taste only found in Bohol. Make sure not to miss these local delicacies as the food is reasonably cheap.
10. Kusina’s Nativo Ihaw-Ihaw & Restaurant – For great-tasting native Bohalano grilled dishes, head on to Kusina’s Native to sample grilled seafood stuffed with locals herbs that are cooked in leaves. Also, taste native Filipino dishes cooked in coco milk for an even more exotic dining experience.
These ten restaurants have the best-tasting dishes in all of Bohol and they are located all around the city and even along the beach for your convenience. Make sure not to miss any of these to satisfy your eating and drinking in Bohol adventure.