Pattaya, located on the Eastern coast of the Gulf of Thailand, is the most visited beach spot in the country. It is a fast becoming the ultimate tourist destination among tourists, and with its proximity to Bangkok, it’s also a favorite among locals living in the city for weekend getaway. Every year, over 8 million tourists visit Pattaya, and the Wong Phra Chan Beach gets a hefty share of that.
The Wong Phra Chan Beach, which literally translates to Crescent Moon Beach in English, covers one kilometer of Pattaya beach on the Northern part. It is situated in a quieter, more private part of the Bay. So, if you’re traveling with your kids and family, or you’re one of the big city dwellers who want to escape to the beach for a little quiet time away from the hustle and the bustle of the city, the Wong Phra Chan Beach is for you. Need more reasons to go see it? Here are a few of the best reasons why you should visit it:
- The Beach is tranquil and quiet. The beach is ideal for sedentary activities because it’s far from the more touristy and crowded part of the beach. It’s a good alternative for honeymooning couples and beach vacationers who prefer to get a tan, those who want to just sunbathe on the shore, or tourists who’d rather read a book under a beach umbrella while sipping freshly-squeezed fruit juice than go out and have some wild fun. It’s perfect for vacationers who want to watch the sun rise and set or just stroll quietly along the shore. (BTW, if you’re planning to spend your honeymoon in the Philippines and you’re looking for the best beach then visit Boracay travel blog for more details.) Swimming on a practically deserted sea may also appeal to those who hate crowded beaches.
- It is vendor-free. Unlike most parts of the Pattaya Bay where vendors approach you from everywhere, getting in the way of your quiet introspective vacation, the Wong Phra Chan Beach is vendor-free! That means you don’t have to pretend that you’re either deaf or sleeping so you can ignore the constant barrage of offers of things you don’t really want and need.
- It has the best weather. As weather goes in Thailand, Pattaya experiences some of the best weather. It rarely rains in Pattaya during the cool season and during hot season, the sea breeze helps in relieving the heat of the day.
- You’ll get the right value for your money. It’s a great substitute for other expensive beach destinations in Asia. You can experience a beach vacation in a tropical country without having to break your bank.
- Experience shopping and nightlife entertainment. Tranquil as the location of the beach is, it’s only a jump away from the crazy happenings of the city. Within walking distance are the numerous shops selling bargain-basement goods and almost any kind of product imaginable. And then there’s the party clubs and beer-bars you can visit for night time entertainment. You’ll never run out of fun places you can go to should you ever want a change of scenery. And it’s all within easy reach from the Wong Phra Chan Beach!