Shopping in Davao is certainly as pleasant as its various tourist attractions around the city. It presents a great combination of the old and the new. You can head to the local market to find beautiful and traditional handicrafts, or go straight to a local mall to find the latest imported items, electronics and clothing. Shopping complexes and malls provide huge selections of various products, and here are some of them:
- Gaisano Mall – Considered the most famous mall in Davao, you will certainly find it a pleasant and modern environment to finish your shopping duties. The Gaisano Mall offers a 6-level establishment which practically offers anything you will ever need. It is the one-stop shopping mall where you can do your shopping, dining and entertainment all in one place. The mall is packed with different types of stores and stalls that assure its pleasant shopping experience.
- NCCC Supermarket – Do not be fooled by the lame name, this 4-storey establishment is more than just your typical supermarket. It actually houses various retail outlets in affordable prices. Find your kind of entertainment at their bowling alley, wide array of restaurants and their cinema houses. The NCCC Supermarket is the biggest mall in Davao where you’ll find the freshest fruits such as the mangosteen, pomelo and famous durian of Davao.
- Aldevinco – If handicrafts are your poison, head on to Aldevinco, the largest marketplace for local handicrafts. Despite the excessive presence of handicraft stores around the city, tourists still flock to Aldevinco for their collection of antiques, batik, sarongs, pearls, brass wares and other handmade products. It is a mini-mall with hundreds of stall where you can haggle for the lowest possible price.
- Victoria Plaza – This plaza is one of the oldest malls in the city that was established in the early 90s. Victoria Plaza caters to different restaurants, food shops, boutiques, a department store, a supermarket, jewelry shops, movie theaters and even multiple business centers. The choices are limitless in this shopping mall that houses the hippest and trendiest clothing of today’s generation at affordable prices.
- SM City Davao – What is shopping if we don’t talk about the famous chain of shopping malls spread all over the country, SM. After a day of shopping in the hundreds of stores of SM City Davao, catch a movie at their theaters or dine in one of their fabulous restaurants. Indulge in your shopping needs and pleasure at SM.
- Chimes Mall– A little mall located in the heart of the city’s Chinatown, this specialty mall houses power brands and luxury items that cannot be seen in the mainstream malls. It is rather the Rustan’s of Makati counterpart of Davao. Alongside, you’ll be able to dine with style at the famous restaurants with a pleasant and quiet ambiance.
- DAMOSA Market Basket – The newest shopping and dining destination of Davao. This pocket mall is home to many fashion boutiques and restobars. Most boutiques offer cheap and affordable prices for clothing and fashion items. It is also the best option for bargain shopping and yummy bite meals.
No tourist should ever leave Davao without a visit to any of these establishments. So prepare your wallets and ready your walking shoes for a fulfilled day of shopping in Davao.