Bohol is indeed an interesting place to visit as it is rich in historical sites and beautiful beaches. Visitors can spend days touring the city as they wouldn’t run out of things to do. However, what to bring and what to wear in Bohol is a major concern for most travelers. In an effort to help, we have narrowed down a list of things to bring and wear when visiting Bohol:
1. Humidity becomes a troublesome factor, especially when sightseeing and touring around the city. Make sure to wear light clothing made of natural fiber. Keep it simple by wearing shirts, pants or shorts and do away with any thick coats or long-sleeved wear.
2. The climate in Bohol is pleasantly warm, which is why you can wear almost anything light and comfortable when visiting Bohol.
3. Bring a cap or hat with you to protect your scalp from the sun, especially in open-spaced venues. Bring sunglasses to protect your eyes. The sun in Bohol can get pretty intense at certain times of day and may cause harm to your skin and eyes.
4. Apply sun block before leaving your hotel or accommodations. Re-apply significantly when bathing in beaches or swimming pools, especially of unused to the tropical heat.
5. Bring comfortable shoes for touring around the city and rubber slippers when lounging along the beach.
6. When headed to any of Bohol’s pristine beaches, make sure to bring the following: shorts, bathing suit, cover-ups, a flashlight and loads of sunblock.
7. When diving in Bohol, make sure to bring proper diving gear with you. You wouldn’t want to miss out on any of Bohol’s spectacular dive spots.
8. Aside from applying sunblock to your skin, make sure to apply insect repellant as well to protect yourself from mosquitoes. Do this especially when visiting lush vegetation areas or forests as you may be visiting a haven for insects.
9. A small, handy bag should be perfect to house your belongings safely. Some of the essentials include bottled water, a camera, your wallet, a cellphone and maybe even extra t-shirt. Always keep an eye on your bag, though. For this reason do we recommend smaller bags, because you can keep them closer to your person instead of having to take them off at every odd opportunity or hard hike.
10. Shorts, sleeveless t-shirts or slippers should never be worn when visiting churches, mosques or temples. These areas are considered sacred places, so do your part and respect them.
11. The Barong Tagalog is acceptable formal wear when attending social events around the city. Bring something a bit formal for the ladies just in case you attend any social events.
12. Never forget to bring your camera with you at all times. Bohol has its way of surprising its travelers from every angle and you never know when something camera-worthy might spring up. May it be the warm hospitality of the people, the luscious food or the paradise scenery, make each moment in your Bohol vacation count and click that button.
With the tips and information provided on what to bring and what to wear in Bohol, you can be on your way to a worry-free Bohol vacation. Get going, pack up, and enjoy an experience of a lifetime.