Eating and drinking in Bangkok is as popular as the many attractions of the country. In fact, food tours can be even considered part of the culture in Thailand. It’s a delicious way of experiencing the most delectable goodies the Thais have to offer. Following are some of the best restaurants where you can eat or drink and have the best offerings in Bangkok.
Where to eat
- Once Upon A Time. Found in Petchaburi Soi in the Sukhumvit district, the restaurant offers the best Thai food in the area. It’s a traditional Thai house with lots of green in the garden and display photos of Thai stars.
- Nooddi. This restaurant can be found in the North side of Silom Road in Silom Sathorn district. It offers Thailand’s famous noodles. They offer Chinese and Japanese noodles too.
- Yaowarat. Found in Rattanakosin district, it offers a huge selection of delicacies like the famous bird’s nest, shark’s fin and many other kinds of rare seafood. A large fish container sits near the entrance and you can actually choose what you want cooked among the fish still very much alive and swimming in the tanks.
- Ethos International Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant. Whether you’re a vegetarian or not, you’ll love their healthy offerings on this restaurant. Located in Tanao Road, the restaurant offers food without preservatives, artificial colors and flavors and MSG. They have organic dishes, coffee and luscious desserts. There’s a free Wi-Fi access too!
- Lan Som Tam Nua. The restaurant is also called as Som Tam Paradise. Som Tam is actually a raw papaya salad and it’s the house’s specialty. They also have raw mango salad and sticky rice. Best of all, they offer Thai foods that are very, very spicy!
- Baan Mae Yui. Found in Phahonyothin district in Soi Areesamphan, within walking distance from the BTS on a residential road. They offer home-made Thai food favorites and old-fashioned dishes that have become rare already. It’s a favorite restaurant of even the local people and can get crowded at times with its many patrons and tourists sampling their food.
Where to drink
- Ta Chang. Found in the Rattanakosin district under the Pinklao bridge. They also serve coffee!
- Bamboo Bar. If it’s a serious but classy kind of clubbing you want, the Oriental Hotel in Rattanakosin district. They provide live music and jazz bands performances.
- Susies Pub. The bar is famous for playing top 40s music and can get crowded at night.
- Jazz it. Found in Ratchadaphisek Road, this club plays live music and electro jazz. There’s a DJ and live band performances. They offer beers, international wines and cocktails.
- Dance Fever. A dance club with blaring music. This is a popular night spot for many young people. Beer overflows here, along with fun, interesting people.
Eating and drinking in Bangkok can be really fun, especially after a day of touring the city. There are many budget-friendly restaurants and beers are inexpensive. And with Thailand’s hot, spicy and delicious food, you’ll surely want to come back for more.