One of the most unique attractions in Pattaya would be its Quiz Nights. These are competitions that test the knowledge of the participants of two teams. It’s usually held-yes, you guessed it-at night, earning its popular name Quiz Nights. Normally, the questions are taken from the general knowledge category, although it’s not unusual at all for some of the questions to have some technical aspects. Because of its nature, these intellectual competitions in Pattaya are popular among local and foreign tourists looking for some intellectually stimulating diversions. The games have a strong following like the natives of Pattaya and its expatriates. In fact, they are so famous that some of the local and club activities are even centered on it. Indeed, it is so addicting that some tourists come back to Pattaya just so they could participate in another game again. Once you have tried it, you’re guaranteed to join the legions of others who are crazy about it.
Here are some of the reasons why you should try joining a Quiz Night in Pattaya. Get ready to be hooked by the game!
- For a cause. The competitions are commonly held regularly on a weekly or monthly basis by some of the bars in Pattaya. Others host one once or twice a year. Still, the community and some private organizations also throw Quiz Nights competitions every so often. You are welcome to attend and participate in any of these contests where you’ll be required to pay a fee for joining. The money collected is donated by most to charity institutions in the country.
- It’s competitive. Nowhere else in the city can you find a game that challenges your intellectual pride. It’s not just for the intellectuals, though. In fact, winners of these contests often don’t claim to have the highest education or the brainiest cerebrum. Some of the questions relate to current events so as long as you take note of the happenings in Thailand and the world, you’ll likely ace the contest.
- Use stock knowledge. Like all other competitions of this kind, some of the answers to the questions are those you already know. It could be something you learned from school, a bit of trivia, or something about your favorite actor. This is a great chance to use your stock knowledge! Some example questions used in a Quiz Night before are:
- What was the Beatles’ first song?
- What does ROI stand for?
- What does PADI stand for?
- What is the largest animal in the world?
- Who was George Bush’ s Vice President?
- Be a sport and win some friends. Camaraderie is high during the contest, although it’s also common to see some participants losing their temper. If you decide to join one of the Quiz Nights in Pattaya, keep your cool and remember that it’s only a game. If your team loses, be a sport and you’ll surely gain the respect and friendship of others. Now, that’s not a bad way to spend one’s vacation, is it?