With all the available activities in Pattaya, it is no wonder that loads of tourists flock to it to partake in its many offerings. Pattaya, a city located in the Eastern part of Thailand, is actually the second most visited area of the country. It is home to several unique attractions, some of the most modern shopping malls, beautiful beaches offering exciting water sports and countless night clubs renowned for their hedonistic qualities. Its wide-ranging activities ensure that Pattaya will be an enjoyable holiday vacation for everyone, the kids, big and small families, couples, singles, young professionals and the old.
Some of the popular activities in Pattaya include:
- Badminton. Hotels in Pattaya usually have badminton courts and similar amenities where you can play for free. You can also find badminton courts at Soi 17. A fee is required to play and rates are typically by the hour.
- Bungee Jumping. For adrenaline-charged activity, try bungee jumping. There are several bungee jumping operators in Pattaya along the beach.
- Paragliding and Skydiving. Considered as an extreme sport but still popular among tourists. Try the Chonburi Flying Club at Bypass Road, about 5 kilometers East of Bang Phra. Or the Thai Flying Club at Bang Phra Airport, and the most famous Pattaya Airpark at Hui Yai, Banglamung Chonburi.
- Golfing. Pattaya has world-class golf course clubs and is one of the top destinations for golf in the whole world. Try the Siam Country Club Pattaya: it’s the nearest golf club in Pattaya Bay having one of the most challenging landscapes.
- Horse Riding. Experience horseback riding along the beaches, jungles and mountains of Pattaya. Horse riding resorts are aplenty in and around the city, offering lessons and horseback riding tours.
- Motorsports. The Bira Circuit is the most popular motor racing track in Pattaya. Try the go-kart racing: whether you’re a professional or not, you’ll surely enjoy racing along the amateur tracks of the Bira Circuit.
- Muay Thai. The national sport of Thailand is Muay Thai, a kind of martial art that has a huge following in Pattaya. Muay Thai is both a sport and an exercise program for weight loss in Pattaya. If you don’t want to try it, you’ll still find watching it, as a sport, very interesting.
- Quiz Nights. Quiz Nights in Pattaya are fun to watch and fun to participate in. It’s a competition of the mind available at most bars on weekends. This is a great opportunity to showcase your stock knowledge! A fee is required to join the contest.
- Fishing. If you love fishing, you’ll be happy to know that beach sports operators also facilitate this activity.
- Water Sports. Some of the most popular water activities in Pattaya are scuba diving, swimming, water skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing and kite boarding. Finding operators for these sports will not be a problem. You’ll find them along the beach renting out sport equipment for a minimal fee. They will also be willing to assist you in anything else you might need.