Not all lovers of the beach love water adventures. Most of the people who go to Hua Hin, in fact, are people whose definition of entertainment includes a good book that they can read all day while sipping fresh fruit juices and lounging on a deck by the beach. And the beach of Hua Hin truly offers a peaceful relaxation for its visitors, in that sense. There is an array of the quiet kind of entertainment that you can find at Hua Hin and its surroundings, and if you love arts, you’ll find that a visit to the Hua Hin Arts and Crafts Centre is a must.
The Hua Hin Arts and Crafts Centre is located in Prachuap Khiri Khan province at Naepkhehat Road in Hua Hin District. It houses an impressive collection of exhibits that are both rare and important in Thailand. Still, not everyone who visits Hua Hin has an interest in arts, but as long as you’re in the area, a tour of the museum will be worth your time. Here are a few reasons why you should go see it:
- It offers a trip to the past. The structure itself is worthy of note. It is an old house that dates back to over 80 years ago. It is a fine example of Hua Hin’s building structures in those old days. Going to the museum and seeing this traditional Thai house is like going back to the past.
- It provides an opportunity to develop your own cultural sense. Take this as an opportunity to acquire more knowledge about the arts. Inside the house you’ll find an assortment of sculptures, contemporary paintings, old pictures, handicrafts, furniture and antiques. The paintings and sculptures are done by the best local artists in the area. The old pictures, on the other hand, are snapshots of the province’s history. The old furniture in the Centre also speaks of the way of living of the Thais in the old days, and each piece showcases the craftsmanship of the people.
- It’s a chance to discover Thailand’s heritage. The museum provides an insight into the culture and heritage of the Thais. The exhibits showcase the rich history of the country over the years. A visit to the museum will most definitely give you a peek into the glorious past of the province that is important to its people.
- It will help you raise cultured kids. Exposing your kids to things other than TV and technology gadgets can help you raise well-rounded children. Indeed, bringing your kids to cultural venues and encouraging them to engage in cultural activities such as museum tours will make a difference in steering and developing their interest in arts and culture. So, while you’re spending a family vacation in Hua Hin, bring your kids to the Centre. You will not regret it.
- It’s a perfect place for the whole family. It goes without saying that the place is family-friendly; thus, going to the Hua Hin Arts and Crafts Centre for an afternoon will be nothing short of entertaining for every member of your family.