One of the most thrilling activities in Davao city is the Davao Wildwater Adventure. Experience a 13 kilometer fun-filled water adventure along the Davao River by use of an inflatable raft that navigates through the thrills of a river.
The team at the Davao Wildwater Adventure creates lifelong memories by offering a unique rafting vacation experience. Participants will be able to discover an exceptional escape from civilization by absorbing amazing scenery as they float through each set of rapids amidst the rushing whitewater. Discover how to paddle together as a team to form tighter bonds with your family and friends. Theadventure charges only 2000 pesos per person to have the ride of your life. You’ll also be getting the following:
- Transportation from the Crocodile Park to the rafting area and back
- Packed Lunch plus Bottled Water
- Free use of their equipment and gear
- Locker rentals
- Raft activity guide
- A souvenir t-shirt
- Photo CD
- Ticket to Zip City
Take note of the following tips straight from the white-water rafting masters of Davao:
- You must be physically and mentally fit to be able to join this activity
- Make sure to wear light and comfortable clothes that dry quick. Rash guards and board shorts with a light weight long sleeves shirt will be perfect.
- Wearing of sweat shirts and nylon pants are best too
- No slippers are allowed. Wear sandals, aqua shoes or rubber shoes during the activity, diving boots are recommended. Wear footwear that doesn’t come off easily
- Sunglasses or prescription glasses with a string or strap is optional
- Make sure to apply sunscreen to protect yourself from the heat of the sun
- Do not wear any jewelry or any other valuable items
- Leave your cell phones, wallets and gadgets in other areas where they can stay safe and dry
- Bring a set of dry clothes to change into that you can leave at your destination
- Bring bottled water or energy drinks
- Have a towel with you to keep you dry
- Bring an energy bar for the river
- Bring a waterproof camera if you want to take your own pictures
- Always, always, and always listen to you guide
- Don’t forget to sign the Registration Forms
- Reservations are necessary to secure your spot for the day
More than anything, expect to get wet, which is a no-brainer when it comes to this activity. Dress for the occasion and try to bring things that can, in fact, get wet. Rafts usually have limited space and can easily flip over so it’s best to not bring anything onto the raft. Remember that if you don’t get wet while whitewater rafting, it means that you’re probably doing something wrong.
White water rafting is one of the most exciting outdoor water activities perfect for the weekend excursion. In the end, the Davao Wildwater Adventure leaves participants with dozens of stories to share—enough to fill the ride home, in fact. Check it out on your next visit to Davao to experience the wild water adventure of your life!