Tagaytay has always been a favorite destination of city dwellers, but some people just don’t realize what makes this city so special. Here are eight reasons that outline the charm of what the Tagaytay Ridge has to offer.
- Good food is always a good reason to travel miles. Tagaytay is filled with secret gardens, quaint coffee shops and authentic Filipino restaurants. Jardineros, LZM Restaurant, Taalena, Leslie’s, Buon Giorno, Mushroom Burger, Josephine’s, Bag of Beans, Sonya’s Bed and Breakfast and Antonio’s are some home-grown Tagaytay establishments that are perfect for food tripping.
- Tagaytay can be enjoyable for anyone at any age as there is always something to do for everybody. May it be horseback riding for the kids, trekking for the yuppies, eating healthy greens for the adults, coffee-drinking for the grandparents, volcano trekking for the adventurous or simply sightseeing for the timid, there will always be something to look forward to in Tagaytay.
- The cool and crisp Tagaytay weather just makes you want to cuddle and snuggle with your loved one, so it’s indeed a perfect place for romance. People of all sorts have come here to propose, and then came back to get married. Tagaytay has a number of magnificent churches and chapels such as Caleruega, Don Bosco Chapel and Pink Sisters that make the perfect venue for a wedding. Then, check out Sonya’s Bed and Breakfast, Nurture Spa and Josephine’s for an intimate wedding reception.
- Cool weather is often associated with calmness and serenity; this is why Tagaytay is filled with recreational centers and spiritual retreats for conventions, training, meditation and self-reflection. Not to mention, Tagaytay is also abundant with spas, bed and breakfast places and gardens. Take in all the positive energy and leave Tagaytay feeling revitalized.
- Tagaytay provides a great photo op from every angle. One can’t help but remain in awe with the breathtaking views of the Taal Volcano and Taal Lake. Some people claim that they can’t imagine being so close to something so magnificent just a few hours away from their chaotic busy lives in Manila. It makes the trip worth it upon seeing such wonderful creations of nature.
- From exotic fruits, fresh flowers, Collette’s Buko Pie, Good Shepherd’s Ube Jam and Rowena’s Buko Tarts, pasalubongs of all kinds can be found on every corner of the city. Filipinos are naturally gift-giving people which makes pasalubong-giving a great deal. Luckily, there is no scarcity in that department in Tagaytay.
- Whether you’re on a strict budget or are determined to splurge, Tagaytay can accommodate whatever your wallet is willing to shell out. Places such as the Picnic Grove and People’s Park offer exciting activities without it being a strain on the pocket. Tagaytay Highlands on the other hand is a great recreational venue that offer top of the line facilities. You can even indulge in Tagaytay’s famous Bulalo Soup from the wide range of carinderias alongside the ridge or opt to dine in style at Leslie’s instead.
- Tagaytay is located only 60 kilometers away from Manila, which is about a short 2-hour drive away, maybe even less without the traffic. It then makes a great place for that much-needed weekend getaway or that spontaneous out of town trip with friends.
With the hundreds of things this cool city has to offer, any person would surely be enthralled by the exciting activities to do and magnificent places to see along the Tagaytay Ridge. Feel free to experience the city the way you want it to be and be captivated by its unique appeal.