Whether you’re in Bangkok for business or vacation, you will want your days full of the most popular activities in Bangkok. Even though Thailand is a hot country and staying indoors and within the air-conditioned room of your hotel will be tempting, Thailand’s exotic charm will beckon you outdoors. And you will not run out of things to do either. Here are the top six most famous activities among tourists that are worth looking into. Squeeze some in between your busy business schedule or make sure your time-limited vacation includes all of them. The choice is up to you!
- Sight-seeing. Thailand boasts of many beautiful temples that draw thousands of tourists worldwide every year. Whether it’s your first time in Bangkok or not, chances are you’ve already heard about Thailand’s temples. If you want to go see the temples, why not start with the Grand Palace?
- Shopping. Possibly the one and only activity that all kinds of tourists engage in whether in Bangkok or other countries. However, shopping in Thailand is quite different from other countries in that it’s often been described as exhilarating. And with the numerous shopping complexes selling bargain-basement products, including high-tech gadgets, you will want to shop until you drop or run out of money- whichever comes first. Check out Chatuchak Market, the Pratunam, MBK Shopping Center and the Siam Square.
- Canal Touring. The floating markets of Thailand are popular tourist attractions in the country and there are actually many travel agencies that offer canal touring around Bangkok’s riverside sights and along the canals of the floating markets and the many waterways of the country. A tour of Bangkok via its rivers will quench your curiosity of Thailand and soak you in the rich history and religious culture of the country. A knowledgeable tourist guide is a must!
- Spa-Relaxing. Experience Thailand’s traditional massage. Aside from the country being a famous medical tourist destination, Thailand’s spas are also popular for the holistic approach they use for massage. Visit the temple of Wat Pho to get a glimpse of Thais’ religious beliefs and enjoy a traditional Thai massage after, and get them both in one place. Or you could opt for modern-day health resorts that are widely available in Bangkok.
- Cycling. Like the river tours, cycling tours allow visitors a sweeping tour of Bangkok. It’s usually a one-day tour that combines a visit to some of the temples, a few of the floating markets and other most popular spots in Bangkok. You’ll be completely immersed in the country’s culture and history as seen in their streets, houses and other building structures.
- Segway Tours. This is a fun and exciting way of exploring the streets of Bangkok. Participants will ride a two-wheel personal transporters while touring. A simple instruction on how to ride these transporters will be given before the tour starts, and as long as you can do a little balancing and body coordinating then you’re a good candidate for this kind of tour. It’s a fun, easy and quick way to discover Bangkok. You’ll save time doing all the activities in Bangkok too!