The Ciputra Waterpark is the newest recreational venue of the city of Surabaya. Opened in August of 2005, the water park covers an area of 5 hectares and is the largest water park ever built in Indonesia. It was inspired by the epic tales of Sinbad. Sinbad may no longer a famous children’s bedtime story but little ones will be able to enjoy the adventures of Sinbad first-handedly at the water park. The water park uses the most modern water park technology, making the 1001 nights adventure a true experience. The water park has six different attractions that can give both kids and kids at heart an unforgettable adventure in the Sinbad water world.
- The Sirens River was specifically designed to bring calmness and serenity amidst a pool of water. Relax at the water park’s version of a lazy river as you flow along the 425 meter-long artificial river.
- The Chimera Pool was made exclusively for children as it is equipped with a small fountain that suddenly shoots out water without knowing when. This will be quite amusing for small children who just love being surrounded by water.
- For the curious toddler, the Marina Lagoon is a great opportunity for kids to socialize and make new friends as they engage in imaginative adventures with the lagoon’s playground complete with small slips and bridges to further fuel their creative minds.
- Let your kids play atop high towers equipped with water cannons and a bridge. Beware though that the giant water drum of the Sinbad Playground is ready to drench people with 5,000 gallons of water.
- For the ultimate adrenaline rush, test your courage and come down at high speeds from the Roc Tower found 15 meters up. Feel yourself plunge into the water with a huge splash. Get up and see yourself wanting to experience the tower’s exhilarating ride over and over again.
- Now who would have thought that a beach will be found in the middle of Surabaya? Chase your family members along the Syracuse Beach as you experience wave after wave as though you were located right at the edge of the shore. Enjoy the 1,800 square meter wide wave pool that has a depth of 1.2 meters. Relax along the coast and find yourself in the company of a kind and humongous whale.
The water park is located in Citra Land found at the western side of Surabaya. It is open every day except Mondays from 2 in the afternoon to 7 at night during weekdays and from 8 in the morning until 8 in the evening during weekends. Weekend schedules are also applied during the country’s holidays. Make sure to bring tons of sun block with you as you should expect to be out in the sun all day during you water park adventure.
With such hot temperatures and high humidity levels of Surabaya, both locals and tourists constantly look for a way to cool down from the intense heat of the sun. The country’s biggest water park is then the answer. Expect to have a day full of laughter and excitement in the wildest water adventure you can ever imagine at the Ciputra Waterpark.